Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

College Football Preview!!! Part 2

Well, I am ready to start Part 2 of my preview for this weekend. Part 1 is at the bottom of the post if you are interested in looking at it. I really enjoy looking ahead at all the games and predicting the winners. It makes me keep a closer tab on a lot of the games that play out. Unfortunately I work Saturdays so sometimes it limits how well I can keep up with the games. But here we go with Part 2.

#20 Oklahoma State (5-0) vs Texas Tech (3-2)

In this match up we feature Brandon Weeden, one of the best passing QBs in college football, going against the weak secondary from Texas Tech. Tech's passing defense ranks #109 and Oklahoma State's passing offense is ranked #2. When I see that, to me it means a disaster. But then you go and look at Oklahoma State's passing defense and they are #113!!!! And Tech's passing offense is #4. So now you have to ask yourself, which offense, or better yet, which defense will hold up better when it counts. They both have struggling defenses but both have decent offenses. I think Oklahoma State will win behind the arm of Brandon Weeden. Especially if they figure out a way to run the ball to open up the passing game.

Oklahoma State 45, Texas Tech 31

#19 Nevada (6-0) vs Hawaii (4-2)

In this game we see two teams with two different mentalities. Hawaii is the #1 passing team in the nation, averaging an amazing 421 yards a game. That is insane! Nevada comes in the the #5 running team in the nation, averaging 314 yards a game. Behind the legs of Vai Taua, Nevada has been pretty much unstoppable on the ground. I don't see this game being any different. I like Nevada to play the time of possession game and limit the amount of times that Hawaii can come out and throw the ball. If Nevada can do that, then they will win.

Nevada 35, Hawaii 24

#17 Arizona (4-1) vs Washington State (1-5)

Even though the game is being played in Washington, I smell a rather decisive victory for Arizona. Arizona will be looking to redeem themselves after the loss last week.

Arizona 52, Washington State 14

#16 Florida State (5-1) vs Boston College (2-3)

This is another game that I see the the ranked team coming out with a decent victory. Maybe not as much as I said Arizona would win by, but I think Florida State will win this one.

Florida State 31, Boston College 10

#15 Iowa (4-1) vs Michigan (5-1)

This is a tough one. I love watching Denard Robinson at QB. But I think Iowa will find ways to contain him and prevent him from going off like he has in previous weeks. Iowa is all around the better of the two teams. All that Michigan has going for them is the fact that they are playing at home. I think Iowa is going to squeak out a victory in Ann Arbor, MI leaving Michigan in a two game slump heading into their bye week where they will be able to regroup and prepare for the last half of the season.

Iowa 34, Michigan 31

Just a disclaimer on the Michigan/Iowa game, I hope Michigan wins because I have Denard Robinson on my college fantasy football team. But I don't think they are going to win. We will see! I am done with part 2, part 3 will come out either later tonight or tomorrow. I'm OUT!!!

Here is Part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment