Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

First Post!

Well, this past weekend was a good one. I was able to go to Harrison, AR and visit my good friend, Wes. It was nice to get away from the every day busy life of me. So I hope to be able to keep this blog going as well as always being busy with work, school, and church things.

I didn't get much sports in this weekend. Ok, so maybe that was a little lie. I did get to watch the Arkansas vs Alabama game... That is a very touchy subject with me. I was also able to watch a little NFL on Sunday, although, if you know me personally you will know that I am not much of one to sit and enjoy watching a lot of NFL. This is going to be a short post, just to kind of start things off. But I want to talk about the Arkansas Alabama game.

ARKANSAS VS ALABAMA

Being from Arkansas, I am a HUGE Arkansas fan. And just like the rest of Hog Nation, was greatly disappointed in the loss to Alabama. I want to say disappointed very lightly, because I feel they played a heck of a game. They really went out there and showed the rest of the country that they were the real deal.

In the end Alabama was the better team, but coming in, no one outside of Arkansas truly expected them to come and play, or even pose a threat to Alabama. But they gave Alabama all they wanted and more. I firmly believe that Arkansas could have as easily won the game, as they lost it. Just in the end a few things didn't go their way.

I was at school today and heard a lot of people talk bad about Ryan Mallett. Let me say, I am a huge supporter of Ryan. He is the best QB to ever step on the field for Arkansas. The ability he has to lead the team amazes me. I am still a little skeptical on his ability to help seal the deal against teams, I just hope he learns this ability before they have any other close games.

I think this game was pivotal for Razorback Football. It put them on the map for the country to know they know how to play ball and compete at a high level of football. I am very proud to be a Razorback fan. I was before Saturday, during the game, and I still am today. Woo Pig Sooie!

Now, let me tell you something... Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson are both freaks of nature! I think either one of them could win the Heisman if they didn't have to share the load of carries. If I had to pick one to win, I would go with Ingram, because he is going to get the bulk of the carries, but I personally like the style and swagger that Richardson has when he gets the ball.

In closing, how about Denard "Shoelace" Robinson? Man! I love watching him play! He has really stepped up to the plate and helped lead Michigan. I look forward to seeing him as his career progress! Oh, and I am happy to have picked him up on my College Fantasy Team!

I'm OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment