Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Preview for Week 6 of College Football Saturday!!! Part 2

If you didn't read the first post here it is:

Preview for Week 6 of College Football Saturday!!! Part 1

Well, I am back for Part 2 of the preview of this weekends Top 25 match ups. As we get higher in the rankings, closer to #1, we are going to start seeing a lot of good match ups. Many of the games are going to be fun to watch. Anyways... back to the preview!


#17 Michigan State (5-0) vs #18 Michigan (5-0)

I totally just realized that last weekend Michigan State jumped higher in rank than Michigan. I guess it makes sense because they had a good showing against Wisconsin and Michigan had a weak showing against Indiana. My mind wants to say that Michigan will win, but this is going to be a really close game.

Michigan has arguably the most explosive QB in the nation and that will pay a big factor in the game. If Michigan State can find a way to contain Denard Robinson, then I think Michigan State will win. Now with that said, I don't think Michigan State is the team to contain Denard Robinson this year. Denard Robinson is a freak when he gets the ball, which is every play since he is QB. He can make so much happen for the Michigan offense. If I had a vote for the Heisman Trophy, he would get my vote if the voting was today.

Michigan State will have to prepare for a beast that they haven't had to face yet. I personally don't think they have what it takes to pull out a win. The game won't be won by Michigan's defense though. The deciding factor in the game will be if Michigan State can stop the Michigan offense. And also, Michigan is playing at home, possibly one of the hardest places to come in and win in all of College Football.

Michigan 34, Michigan State 28

#16 Stanford (4-1) vs University of Southern California (USC) (4-1)

Both teams faced a set back last week when they both lost. This is a very close match up of teams. It will be an exciting game to watch. USC struggles defensively and Stanford has a QB who does a good job of exploiting teams weaknesses in the defense. If Andrew Luck can do that against a weaker USC defense then Stanford will win.

If USC can show life in their running game then I think USC will have a good shot at winning the game. But they will have to have their defense step up and perform better than they have been. They need to put Luck under a lot of pressure, blitzing from different schemes and having the D-Line penetrating and making Luck make quick bad decisions.

USC 20, Stanford 17

#13 Miami (FL) (3-1) vs #23 Florida State (4-1)

One of the many rivalry games this weekend. Usually this is a very close game between these two teams. Since 2000, Miami leads the series 8-3. They are only 3-2 during home games though. This year they are at home, but Miami has a great defense this year and I think they will be able to stop the Florida State attack on offense.

Miami 35, Florida State 31

#12 Louisiana State University (LSU) (5-0) vs #14 Florida (4-1)

I am really unimpressed with LSU, especially last week when they barely squeaked out a win against Tennessee. Although Florida got humiliated last week against #1 Alabama, I look for Florida to come back this week hitting on all cylinders. With Jeff Demps healthier this week, I think he is going to have a great week while putting up impressive numbers against LSU. If LSU can contain Florida on offense, they will win. But I don't see Florida having a bad offense outing two weeks in a row.

Florida 38, LSU 24

This is all for now, later tonight I will come out with the next match ups. The more I look at this week in college football, the more I realize this can be a pivotal week for a lot of the teams in the Top 25. It will be interesting to see how things pan out come Saturday! I'm OUT!

Note: I am not doing 5 on this post because I am going to do a seperate post later this week about the match up between #11 Arkansas and Texas A&M as they play in the second game of the Southwest Classic in Dallas, TX at Cowboy Stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment