Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Preview for Week 6 of College Football Saturday!!! Part 1

Part 1

As I promised, I am now writing a blog to predict the Top 25 action for this weekend in College Football. I am going to be taking every match up involving Top 25 teams and breaking down who I think will win, and why I think they will win. Then I will post my predicted score, I personally hate predicting scores, but I think it is a necessary part of predicting winners. I am only going to predict 5 games per post. So this is post #1.


#25 Air Force (4-1) vs Colorado State (1-4)

This is no brainer on the winner. Air Force is having an impressive season. Their only loss this season has come to a powerful Oklahoma team. Look for Air Force to grind it out on the ground against a weak Colorado State defense.

Air Force 42, Colorado State 10

#24 Missouri (4-0) vs Colorado (3-1)

This games looks to be a pretty good match up between two fairly matched teams. Colorado has faced a little bit harder competition, but Missouri is playing at home. I think as long as Missouri can play faster and with more intensity that they will pull out the win. Especially if Colorado can't some how figure out how to be more efficient on offense. I don't see it being too decisive of a victory, but I do think Missouri will win.

Missouri 21, Colorado, 14

#22 Oklahoma State (4-0) vs Louisiana Lafayette (2-2)

With a high powered offense look for Oklahoma State to come out firing on all cylindars and to blow Louisiana Lafayette out of the water in this game. Pretty much the only think Louisiana Lafayette has going for them is the fact that they are at home, but that won't stop Brandon Weeden and Oklahoma State to walk right over them.

Oklahoma State 38, Louisiana Lafayette 10

#21 Nevada (5-0) vs San Jose State (1-4)

I feel bad for San Jose State in this game. Nevada has one of the most powerful offenses up to this point in the college football season. Averaging a little over 44 points a game, I don't think San Jose State will have an answer to Nevada, as they haven't had an answer to any team they have played this season.

Nevada 48, San Jose State 7

#20 Wisconsin (4-1) vs Minnesota (1-4)

Minnesota and Wisconsin are both hurting for a win. Minnesota hasn't had a lack of offense this year, they have just had a lack of defense and haven't been able to close out games. They have lost all 4 games by a total of 16 points. If some how Minnesota can figure out a way to exploit the weaknesses that Wisconsin has then Minnesota will win. With that said, Wisconsin is coming off of a lose to Michigan State last week. I see Wisconsin rebounding this week, but I imagine this game will be a hard fought match up.

Wisconsin 24, Minnesota 21

Well, this is part one. All 5 of the games I have talked about have the ranked teams coming out on top. Not that I think the 5 teams are awesome, just the level of competition that they are playing this week is lacking. I will be back on in a few hours to post the next 5 match ups. I'm OUT!!!


Other College Football Posts:

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see your venturing out a bit...One question...What weakness are you referring to with Wisconsin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Namely their lack of passing that was shown during last weeks lose to Michigan State. Also their lack of being able to stop a well balanced team on offense. Minnesota doesn't have as strong of a running game as Michigan State, but they are still balanced in their play calling so Wisconsin has to play a balanced defense.

    ReplyDelete