Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Australian Football League (AFL)

Let's take a trip down memory lane...

Probably 3 months ago I was with my good friend Wes, and we were watching the NBA Playoffs. Well, the game was over actually, but we were sitting around talking about everything, and all the sudden we found the best foreign sport, other than soccer (futbol), that I have ever seen. That sport is Australian Football.

We were watching a game between the Hawthorne Hawks and the Carlton Blues. We started out watching it just because it seemed interesting, but slowly we got sucked in to the sport as we tried to understand it. After nearly two hours of watching a sport that was completely foreign to us, we started to gather the basics of the game.

Since that day, I don't know why, but we can't find any AFL (Australian Football League) matches. It sucks because we both grew to really like it, but we can't find it to keep up with it. Well, I guess it's on ESPN3.com, but that isn't the same as watching it live on the TV.

Now let me tell you... The best player, remember I have limited knowledge of the sport, is Buddy Franklin for Hawthorne. But the intensity I saw come from him was awesome! He has probably the sweetest goal I have ever seen in almost any sport. It is truly classic. I like it a lot. The video of the second half highlights of that game are on here. It's at 6:35 on the video. Tell me what you think!



I hope you enjoy this as much as my friend and I did. If you like it try to keep up with it. It's quite interesting! And maybe we can get more AFL shown on US TV!!! Oh yeah! And the jerseys are sick!!!

I'm OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment