Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

My Top 5 NBA Players

Well, it's 9:06 AM where I am, I just got out of my Fundamentals of Communications class and now I am waiting for my next class to begin. But that doesn't happen until 10:30 so I am looking for something to do until I go to class, so I thought "why not write a blog?". The only problem with this, is the fact that I don't have anything on my mind in the sports world.

After 15 minutes of looking around, I finally found out what I am going to talk about. I am going to look more in-depth at the NBA. I will assess my top 5 players.

Top 5 NBA Players

#5-
Carmello Anthony - Forward - Denver Nuggets - #15

Carmello is a unique player. At 6'8", 230 lbs. he makes it hard for opposing teams to match up with him. As was visible in college, with the right pieces around him, he can lead a team to winning a championship. I would look for Carmello to have a good season with Denver, but I would say, don't look for him to stay with Denver after this season. Right now in Denver he is stuck in a rut and until Denver makes a move to bring another person to support Melo, I don't see Denver being in contention for the NBA Title.

#4- Dwayne Wade - Guard - Miami Heat - #3

Dwayne Wade is exciting to watch play. I am excited to see him team up with LeBron James and Chris Bosh. The three of them together seem to be a great team in the making. I honestly see D-Wade being more of the glue in the threesome though. Miami is his team, and ultimately I think he will be doing most of the ball handling outside of the point guard. Who knows, with Wade's versatility you will probably see him run the point when Miami decides to go big in the lineup. His numbers this year could potentially go down, but I don't see much of a lull in his productivity.

#3- Kevin Durant - Forward-Guard - Oklahoma City Thunder - #35

Kevin Durant is the leader of a very young and energetic Thunder team. He is very capable of putting up a lot of points in a short amount of time. Last season was a big turning point in his career when he stepped up his game and defined himself as one of the elite scorers in the league. My only question with him is whether he was a one year wonder, or if he will be able to pick up where he left off last year. This summer's FIBA World Championships was a good sign to show that he will most likely pick up where he left off. If KD can put up the numbers he did last year, look for a more mature Oklahoma City team to make a deep run in the NBA Playoffs.

#2- Kobe Bryant - Guard - L.A. Lakers - #24

It's hard for me to honestly put a number on #1 and #2, but I think this is where Kobe needs to be. Not that he isn't a great player and a great closer. We all know he has 5 Championship Rings, we all know he is possibly the greatest closer to ever play basketball. But looking at my top 5, I am looking for who is going to be the best statistically. I think Kobe is starting to get older and his age is showing some in his playing. He will undoubtedly have an outstanding year and there is a great chance that he could lead L.A. to repeating as NBA Champs.

#1- LeBron James - Forward - Miami Heat - #6

As I was writing about Kobe, I started to question why LeBron is #1. But I honestly think LeBron is without a doubt the most dominant player in the NBA. Yes, I am aware he didn't lead Cleveland to a championship. But I think that Dan Gilbert also didn't put the right pieces around him to win a championship. With the team that LeBron is on this year it wouldn't surprise me to see his scoring drop off a bit, but I also anticipate that his rebounds and assists to both rise. It would not shock me if LeBron averaged a Triple-Double with the team he is on in Miami. Look for LeBron to play a lot more relaxed now that he actually has the right pieces around him in Miami. And with a relaxed LeBron look for a more dominating full player on the basketball court.

It's honestly hard to put a number on a lot of these players because they are all so unique to their positions and situations. Especially when you get to the discussion of Kobe and LeBron. They are both great athletes and are both exciting to watch. With Kobe you get finesse and with LeBron you get brute strength. It's almost like comparing apples to oranges, it doesn't work out too well. Last Spring I found this video on YouTube.com that I loved and I think everyone should watch it. Enjoy!



I hope you enjoyed my blog, and I will surely talk about more things leading up to the upcoming NBA season. There are just 22 days until opening day! I'm excited! Well, I'm OUT!!!

For more of what I think of the NBA and this upcoming season go to this link. NBA Countdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment