Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Most Likely Upsets in College Football this Weekend

There are a few games this weekend that I think pose a good chance for there to be an upset. Every weekend in college football you have very dedicated athletes take the field to put on a show for everyone to see. And every weekend there are a few match ups that on paper and in my mind are good chances for upsets. I want to briefly discuss just a few of those games here.

Virginia Tech (2-2) vs #23 North Carolina State (4-0)

I won't lie, I haven't had a chance to watch NC State play this year and it is impressive that they are 4-0 to start the year, but I don't think they have truly been tested this year by any team. On the other hand, Virginia Tech, came into the year with a ton of hype for the team, they are impressive to watch and very quick. They started the year off with a rough 0-2 record, but since have won both their games by a total of 68-27.

I think it's time for NC State to fall and lose a game to Virginia Tech, who I think has been looking for a game to put them back on the map.

Virginia Tech 31, North Carolina State 21

#11 Wisconsin (4-0) at #24 Michigan State

Although Wisconsin looked impressive in the 70-3 demolition of Austin Peay... HAHAHA! OK that makes me laugh, Austin Peay? Come on, before last week I didn't even know they had a team. That victory doesn't impress me for a #11 team, not one bit. The only decent victory they had was against, a now 1-3, UNLV, which in the game they did win 41-21. Honestly, I am not impressed by the level of competition that they have faced.

Michigan State, on the other hand, even though they were challenged by Notre Dame, has not really had a struggle against any team. I like what I have seen from Michigan State. At 4-0, I think they are a better team and more prepared for this game than Wisconsin.

I don't see it being a big upset, and is #24 beating #11 that big of an upset? I do see Michigan State squeaking one out against Wisconsin. Look for this to be a good game to watch!

Michigan State 35, Wisconsin 31

The rest of the top 25 looks to have some very good games. #7 Florida looks to beat defending champs #1 Alabama. That will be a great game to watch, I don't see Florida winning, please refer to this link, Predictions of Florida vs Alabama, to better understand my reasoning. Also, you have #21 Texas at #8 Oklahoma, the Red River Rivalry, that is always a great game to watch, which could pose a possibility for an upset, but I won't call it as an upset. If you want a good Saturday of football, I would recommend those games to watch! Actually, this is just going to be a great weekend for college football in general. So if you don't have anything to do, sit on your couch and enjoy a nice weekend of college football!

Well, that is all! I'm OUT!!!

1 comment: