Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Arkansas Wins Exhibition Basketball Game! 97-80

WELCOME HOME MIKE ANDERSON! It's time to turn a new leaf in Arkansas Basketball and welcome back one of the contributing sources to the 1994 Arkansas Razorback NationalChampionship! I am excited to have Mike Anderson back as the coach for our basketball team and can't wait to see what he can do.

I don't expect Arkansas to be great the first year under Anderson, but I do expect to see some competitive basketball on all levels. Something that was missed the past few seasons under Pelphrey. I have been a fan of Mike Anderson since his days at University of Alabama at Birmingham, then Missouri, and now back to Arkansas! I love the way he has always been able to get into the untapped potential of all of his players and make them compete at such a high level all year long!

Arkansas 97, Texas A&M Commerce 80

Razorback fans, don't fear. Yes, I am aware that we won an exhibition game, so it isn't a reason to get all excited for. But this game makes a new era, an era of change for Arkansas Basketball. An era that will put us back on the map as a Basketball Powerhouse, like we were in the 90s under Nolan Richardson!

I didn't listen to the game, or watch it. So I only have the box score and highlights to go from, so I hope I can do the game justice.

After a sluggish start, Arkansas finished the game on a 19-6 run over the last 5 minutes of the game. I guess it is a trend around Fayetteville for sports teams to start slow and finish strong. Arkansas forced 25 turnovers, due in large parts to the full court press that comes along with Mike Anderson! Welcome back 40 Minutes of Hell! My how I have missed you! In my opinion that is how basketball should be played, going up and down the court as fast as possible, that is the best chance that teams have to win, when their talent may not be up to par with other teams. By creating havoc on the court, it forces the other team to play out of their element and come into the element that you create for them!

Arkansas was led in scored by Mardracus Wade, who went a perfect 6-6, which includes 3-3 on 3 point shooting. And Freshman Rashad Madden has 18. Two other Razorbacks were in double figures.

I am excited for basketball season, and now I am finally excited for RAZORBACK BASKETBALL! I am proud to be a HOG and

No comments:

Post a Comment