Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Recap of Arkansas vs Auburn

Being that I am a huge Arkansas supporter, the game Saturday made me extremely frustrated. It was a great match up between two great teams. I think Arkansas go short changed and had some extremely horrible calls against them. Here is something I posted on my friends Facebook. My friend, TJ Carpenter, has a radio show on 92.1 The Ticket, here in Northwest Arkansas. One of this listener's was referring to how TJ didn't know what he was talking about. Who the guy is that said it, I have no idea, but here is my response to what I read.

"Daryl, you are retarded an should probably never talk about sports again. Fannin had no TD and Green did not fumble. If you think otherwise you need to rewatch the game.

Yes, sure the defense still gave up "58" points. I use 58 very lightly.... 7 on Fannin's "TD". 7 on the interception return for a TD. 7 more on an interception return to the 7. 7 more on Green's "fumble". And 7 more from a 99 yard kick off return to the 1. That's 35 of the 65 points!!! Which defense really struggled more?

Cam Newton is a beast, we all knew that. It's not a surprise if he wins the Heisman. He is like Tebow only more explosive.

Auburn won the game on blown calls and lack of execution in the 4th quarter. Sure give them Fannin's TD. Take away Greens fumble, you have a whole new game. Arkansas takes the ball and score a TD, go up by two scores. Tyler Wilson still has his swagger and isn't frustrated by a horrible officiating call. The possibilities are endless.

Learn something before you speak. TJ, I don't listen to you much, but this Daryl kid is dumb. Poor officiating doesn't lose games, but it does alter the face of a game and thus we see the result of horrible officiating two years in a row for the Arkansas Razorbacks."

Now, I want to discuss what I said in the post. First of all... Who saw the called touchdown by Mario Fannin? Come on now seriously? I maybe biased and support Arkansas, but there is no way that ball crossed the line and should have been called a touchdown. Here's the video of it.

Unfortunately the video has been removed from YouTube due to copyright violations

At no point during the play did the ball EVER cross into the endzone. So take away 7 points from Auburn. That's 58-43. Not to mention if Arkansas could have marched down the field and scored, take into thought that neither teams defense's really showed up to play at all. So there is a very good likelihood of Arkansas scoring. So make that 58-50.

Now, let's assess the "fumble" by Broderick Green. I'm just going to go ahead and say after 3 minutes of live slow motion and split screen analysis, it clearly wasn't a fumble. First his knee was down, and secondly I don't think he had lost all control of the ball until he hit the ground. So lets take away that touchdown. Now the score is 51-50. And let's tack on a field goal for Arkansas, because once again, neither defense was capable of stopping the other offense. So you have 53-51 in favor of Arkansas.

I am a firm believer in momentum and the importance of the mentality of the players. After Green's fumble, it was down hill for Arkansas. The almost perfect, Tyler Wilson, threw two interceptions. Which I believe were a direct relationship to his swagger and personally momentum being off after losing a fumble to the Auburn defense that went back for a touchdown. So take away his interception that was returned for a touchdown. The score is now 53-44 in favor of Arkansas.

I hate blaming games on officiating, but I can personally say that this game takes the take for any game I have seen where officiating has helped a team win. I am disgusted at the fact that it happened. But what can you do? I do have to say, no matter how I feel, anytime a team gives up 65 points, some which I believe were handed to Auburn, you deserve to lose.

I'm OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment