Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Dear NBA Players and Owners

On behalf of an avid NBA fan, I know I can't be the only person tired of the NBA Lockout! I think it is pretty ridiculous! The fact that both sides are fighting over as little as 2.5% of the Basketball Related Income, from what I have heard and can tell, is down right stupid. The owners want a 50/50 cut and the players want a 52.5/47.5 cut. I am indifferent when it comes to a side I am on. The side I am on is just play some DANG basketball!

Think about the effect you are having on us as fans? Think about the money you have lost by cancelling at least 1 month of your basketball season. Is it truly worth it? Why is either side trying to make a point? There is no point to be made! It's a job, take the money. Split the money. Owners give the players 2.5%, afterall how bad is splitting 47.5% between 30 teams? I DON'T REALLY CARE THOUGH! JUST PLAY SOME BASKETBALL... PLEASE!!!

I miss the excitment of last season as the Heat started off sluggish then hit a huge winning streak. I miss the many hours I spent reading Twitter comments of the trending topic #thelasttimethecavswon. I don't know if anyone experiecned that, but it was hilarious! I miss watching Dirk and the Mavs win their first franchise World Championship. I miss watching Blake Griffin, the Human Highlight Reel, rack up dunk after dunk on his way to winning the Rookie of the Year. I miss watching Kevin Durant win his second consecutive scoring title. I miss Derrick Rose coming from no where and winning the MVP. I miss watching the Lakers self destruct against the Mavs in the Playoffs. There is just so much from last season that I miss and wish I could be watching right now!

I know the fans aren't the only ones that don't want the Lockout to be happening, but at this point there is nothing we can do. We can only support your fighting and arguing for so long. Please for the sake of the fans, JUST PLAY SOME BASKETBALL! That's all I ask! That's all we ask as fans!

Sincerely,

Travis McGarrah and millions of other NBA Fans

No comments:

Post a Comment