Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Kirk Herbstreit vs Marquel Wade

I am sure most of us have heard something about either the Marquel Wade from the Arkansas Razorbacks hit on Jonathan Krause, a defenseless punt returner, last Saturday or the remarks Kirk Herbstreit made regarding his thoughts on the 1 game suspension given to Wade by the SEC. If you haven't seen it, here is the video.


In my honest opinion, even though I don't agree with the hit by Wade, I don't think that it warranted a suspension by the SEC. It wasn't fair and definitely injured the other player, but Wade didn't not do it to maliciously hurt the player. He did it in the moment and during a game that he was trying to spark his team. Whether he knew the player had the ball or not, the play was a mistake that a 18 year old Freshman man. Wade, we still love you!

As far as Herbstreit's comments, I don't agree with what he said and I think he was out of his place saying what he did. I have heard people associate Wade with being a thuggish player because of this. In no way do I think Wade was being a thug by this play. It was a play made in the moment and not meant or intended to harm the opposing player.

I have heard comments online by people demanding Herbstreit step down from ESPN's College Gameday. I don't agree with these statements. Regardless of whether I agree or like Herbstreit, he truly makes Gameday what it is. And without Herbstreit, Gameday wouldn't be Gameday.

I love Arkansas, I love Marquel Wade, and I love Kirk Herbstreit's role on College Gameday. I don't agree with the hit or the extra suspension. But none the less, the past is the past and we will look forward to the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment